I am Xavier Ochoa. Publicly, I am defined by:
I am Vice-president of the Society for Learning Analytics Research (SOLAR)
I am Editor of the Journal of Learning Analytics
I am Associated Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies
I am Editor-in-Chief of the Revista Tecnológica, a multidisciplinary journal published by ESPOL.
My current research interests are:
- Learning Analytics: Measuring learning to help teachers and
students take better decisions
- Multimodal Learning Analytics: Using diverse signals to
understand the learning process
- Informetrics: Mesuring the production and consumption of
information in different areas
- Learning Technologies: Using technologies to improve the
My Academic Networks
I am member of the Executive Committee of the Society for Learning Analytics Research (SOLAR).
I was involved in the coordination of the Ariadne Foundation. Also directing the Center for Development and Support of ARIADNE at Guayaquil.
I represent LACLO at the Global Learning Objects Brokered Exchange (GLOBE) consortium.
I participate and coordinate several international projects. Among those:
- MUVA (Management of Uncertainty in Visual Analytics)
- LATIn (Latin American Open Textbooks Initiative)
- IGUAL (Innovation for Equallity in the Latin American University)
- agInfra (E-Infrastructure to support the work of researchers in the agricultural field)
- VLIR-RIP (Personalized Learning through the Measuring of Cognitive and Metacognitive Skills)
- Academic Advising Decision Support System
- Andamios (Improvement of the Learning Process in Engineering)