I am Xavier Ochoa. Publicly, I am defined by:
Also, I am director of the Research Program in Teaching and Learning Technologies at the Information Technology Center of ESPOL.
I am Editor-in-Chief of the Revista Tecnológica, a multidisciplinary journal published by ESPOL.
My current research interests are:
- Learning Analytics: Measuring learning to help
teachers and students
- Informetrics: Mesuring the production and consumption of
information in different areas
- Learning Technologies: Using technologies to improve
the learning process
My Academic Networks
I am member of the Executive Committee of the Society
for Learning Analytics Research (SOLAR).
I am involved in the coordination of the Ariadne Foundation. Also directing the Center for Development and Support of ARIADNE at Guayaquil.
I represent LACLO at the Global Learning Objects Brokered Exchange (GLOBE) consortium.
I participate and coordinate several international projects. Among those:
- LATIn (Latin American Open Textbooks Initiative)
- IGUAL (Innovation for Equallity in the Latin American University)
- agInfra (E-Infrastructure to support the work of researchers in the agricultural field)
- VLIR-RIP (Personalized Learning through the Measuring of
Cognitive and Metacognitive Skills)